SUGGESTED FORMAT FOR A RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS
Prev Table of Contents Next
- Name of race and race distance.
- Date and starting time.
- Parking: Describe where available and any special instructions.
Include travel directions if location may be difficult to find. Also
include recommended arrival time.
- Portable toilets: Indicate where they can be found at the start,
on the course and at the finish area.
- Transportation: Describe if provided for a point-to-point
- Race Instructions: Include information about the following items
plus any other pertinent information for your particular event:
- bib number should be pinned to the FRONT of
shirt or shorts
- bib number is not transferable
- bib number should be checked to be sure
information on tag is correct
- BIB TAG SHOULD NOT BE REMOVED BEFORE COMPLETING
- location of start
- time of start (repeated)
- idiosyncrasies of the course, traffic concerns
or police mandates
- split times (if given, at which mile marks)
- location of aid stations
- finish line procedures (do not stop in the
chutes, DO NOT CHANGE CHUTES, jog all the way to the end, give
your bib tag to the official at the end of the chute)
- health advisory (make sure you are well
hydrated; drink water before, during and after the
- T-shirts usually given with the race packet and bib number. If
given only to finishers, describe how to proceed from finish chutes to
- Awards: Tell when (and where if not an obvious location) awards
will be given. (Be sure to set this aspect of the race late enough to
give the scoring personnel plenty of time to do their work.)
- Post-race refreshments: Tell what will be
available. Encourage runners not to take more than a reasonable portion