Prev Table of Contents Next
Because most races have their own methods for handling
registration, only the most important, fundamental items are included
Critical Steps in the Process
- Bib Numbers: Write the bib number assigned on the runner's
entry form. (This is essential for later reference or computerization of
- Name: Write the entrant's last and first names on the bib
tag where indicated.
- Sex: Using the "M" or "F" boxes provided (or a blank space
marked "sex" or "division") indicate the entrant's sex.
- Age: In the space marked "age" or "age group" indicate the
- Miscellaneous information: In manually-scored races
completing the "city/state" information may be helpful in compiling
results. It is unnecessary in computerized registration/scoring systems;
this information is already in the data base.
(Use only permament marking pens to write information on the
bib tags. Do not use felt tip or ball point pens! The ink will smear if it gets wet.)